Translate This Page
Apply for financial aid
The following information is needed in order for you to apply for a grant:
- Print the UCP grant application form and fill it out completely.
(NOTE: Our Outreach program is currently in a location transfer and forms are still being updated. Please use the address listed on Step 6 for correct application address!)
- Send us a personal letter, telling us about yourself, what your interest in Jin Shin Jyutsu is, and why you would like a grant.
- Send us a copy of your most recent tax return.
(Please have all documents translated into English, if applying from another country)
- Tell us which class you are interested in attending (5-Day Basic or Living the Art Seminars only), keeping in mind that we need from 4-6 weeks advance notice from the beginning of the prospective class. You must choose a class with an instructor that is qualified to accept grants. At present, the qualified instructors are: Cynthia Broshi, Carlos Gutterres, Philomena Dooley, Petra Elmendorff, Wayne Hackett, Sara Harper, Jennifer Holmes, Jill Pasquinelli, Iole Lebensztajn, Nathalie Max, Janet Oliver, Lynne Pflueger, Waltraud Riegger-Krause, Matthias Roth, Jed Schwartz, Susan Schwartz, Margareth Toshie Serra, Carlyse Smyth and Anita Willoughby. We are also accepting grant requests for classes taught by Muriel Carlton.
- You should also choose a class that is in close proximity to your home. The grant covers the cost of the class only. We cannot offer reimbursement for any transportation or lodging expenses, these must be covered by the recipient. Once a student has attended three 5-Day Basic Seminars and received their large certificate, they are no longer eligible to receive a grant to attend another 5-Day BasicSeminar.
- Please send the completed form and attachements to:
Mary Burmeister - Jin Shin Jyutsu® Outreach
C/O Kelly Mount
P.O. Box 410 Simpsonville, KY 40067
Upon receiving the Grant Application Form, the Jin Shin Jyutsu Office will review the grant request. If we approve the request, we will send it on to the United Charitable Programs (UCP). The UCP will then check over all of the legalities of the grant and offer their own approval decision.
Once the UCP lets us know their decision, we will contact you and let you know where your grant stands.
If you have any problems, contact us and we'll mail you an application:
Phone: (502) 558-3809, Fax: (888) 890-4891 or Email: email@example.com
The Mary Burmeister-Jin Shin Jyutsu® Outreach is a project of United Charitable Programs, a registered 501(C)(3) public charity. All funds raised by the Mary Burmeister-Jin Shin Jyutsu® Outreach are received byUnited Charitable Programs and become the sole property of UCP which, for internal operating purposes, allocates the funds to the Project. The Program Manager makes recommendations for disbursements which are reviewed by UCP for approval.